tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 17 12:34:55 2008

A fun application of the "prefix trick"

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

In my lyrics to {lurDech}, I wanted to translate the phrase "Mother teaches me to manage the house".  The verb {ghojmoH} immediately suggested itself, but how to use it, given that we never reached concensus on what it's direct object would be: the subject(lesson) or the person taught the subject, or what role the person taught would take on if it wasn't the object?  So, I settled on {juH vIvu'meH mughojmoH SoS}.

I thought I was pretty clever ;)

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level