tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 20 11:34:54 2008

Re: Possible pun (was Re: SoSwI' SoH'a')?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> > Yet another option would be {bo'Degh nen} "the mature/grown-up/adult bird"
> > or {bo'Degh qan} "the old bird" vs. {bo'Degh Qup} "the young bird".  But
> > these don't feel quite right either.

Thorwald Peeters:
>I still have to start my own database of puns and other fun things in
>tlhIngan Hol, but did [Qup] make it as one already? Although not all young
>beings crawl, I can't shake the thought of "kruipen" in Dutch when I see
>[Qup].  Maybe that is because "krûp'n" is the verb in my dialect...

I don't have a pun noted for {Qup} "be young", but the noun {qup} "elder"
is {puq} "child" spelled backwards.

{Qup} also isn't listed in the "Puns in the Vocabulary of tlhIngan Hol" page at
</wiki/index.php?Puns%20in%20the%20Vocabulary%20of%20tlhIngan%20Hol>www.kli.org/wiki/index.php?Puns%20in%20the%20Vocabulary%20of%20tlhIngan%20Hol

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons