tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 20 10:12:51 2008

Possible pun (was Re: SoSwI' SoH'a')?

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

<citaat van="Steven Boozer">
> Yet another option would be {bo'Degh nen} "the mature/grown-up/adult bird"
> or {bo'Degh qan} "the old bird" vs. {bo'Degh Qup} "the young bird".  But
> these don't feel quite right either.

I still have to start my own database of puns and other fun things in
tlhIngan Hol, but did [Qup] make it as one already? Although not all young
beings crawl, I can't shake the thought of "kruipen" in Dutch when I see
[Qup].
Maybe that is because "krûp'n" is the verb in my dialect...

pItlh
--
Thorwald Peeters

Back to archive top level