tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 20 13:46:26 2008

Re: Possible pun (was Re: SoSwI' SoH'a')?

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

<citaat van="Steven Boozer">

> Thorwald Peeters:
>>I still have to start my own database of puns and other fun things in
>>tlhIngan Hol, but did [Qup] make it as one already? Although not all
>> young
>>beings crawl, I can't shake the thought of "kruipen" in Dutch when I see
>>[Qup].  Maybe that is because "krûp'n" is the verb in my dialect...
>
> I don't have a pun noted for {Qup} "be young", but the noun {qup} "elder"
> is {puq} "child" spelled backwards.
>
> {Qup} also isn't listed in the "Puns in the Vocabulary of tlhIngan Hol"
> page at
> </wiki/index.php?Puns%20in%20the%20Vocabulary%20of%20tlhIngan%20Hol>www.kli.org/wiki/index.php?Puns%20in%20the%20Vocabulary%20of%20tlhIngan%20Hol

> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

I must admit it is a little far-fetched with the dialect "requirement" and
all, but I will try to keep it as a personal pun 8-)

--
Thorwald Peeters

Back to archive top level