tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 14 14:23:52 2008

Re: BOP Poster still available?

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On May 14, 2008, at 10:25 AM, Steven Boozer wrote:

> ghunchu'wI':
>> ...The cargo
>> tranporter is not depicted as a crane.  As I said in Klingon,  "It
>> does not label the cargo transporter.  It just names it."
>
> And the difference being...?

Please, just look at the poster.  The difference should be clear.

For those of you without a SciPubTech "Bird of Prey" poster to refer
to, I will do my best to explain what it shows.  The poster puts a
little numbered symbol on the image of the crane-looking thing, and
in the "Technical Callouts" section it repeats the symbol accompanied
by the label {tepqengwI'} "Cargo Lift".  The cargo transporter is
named only in the "General Specifications" section, under the heading
of {jolpatmey} "Transporter Systems", as {tep jolpat - wa'} "Cargo
Tranporter - 1".  It is not shown as a crane, and is in fact not
clearly shown at all.  There is a labeled {jolpa'} "Transporter Room"
with an obvious personnel transporter alcove, a deck below and
forward of the {tepqengwI'}.

Back to archive top level