tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 12 20:56:23 2008

Re: ngoy'

Rich Timpone ([email protected])

ghunchu'wI,

Thanks for the response and clarifications.

 > What do you mean?  {ngoy'} is only a verb.  Because it expresses a
 > state or quality, it can be used in a comparative or superlative
 > construction, and it can be used somewhat like an English adjective,
 > but it is never a noun.

I have made this slip before, and hopefully this time it will
stick.  As you note, ngoy' is a verb and can be used as a modifier
like an adjective.  Your clarification on the notation in TKD helps
make the point that ngoy' was not necessarily considered to be a noun.

While ngoy' does fit the concept I am thinking of, I am not sure how
one would reference the noun form of responsibility.  I suspect it
may not be the same term and may be a variation of ngoy' or a
different term entirely (more along the lines of veS and Qoj than ta'
or yoD that I referenced in my previous note).  If you have thoughts
on this as well, I would love to hear them.

Thanks,
Rich

Back to archive top level