tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 12 21:47:01 2008

Re: ngoy'

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On May 12, 2008, at 11:55 PM, Rich Timpone wrote:

> While ngoy' does fit the concept I am thinking of, I am not sure how
> one would reference the noun form of responsibility.

How would one reference it in English?  The most common phrasing I
can think of would be "have responsibility", which is essentially the
same as the simple verb {ngoy'} "be responsible".  Perhaps "take
responsibility", which I think comes across well as {ngoy'choH}
"become responsible".

I am not sure *why* one would want to reference a noun form of
responsibility in Klingon.  Can you give an appropriate context, and
a specific idea that you want to express?

Back to archive top level