tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 14 19:04:25 2007

Re: Dilbert Comic in Klingon for August 28, 2007

pm5 ([email protected])

On 9/14/07, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Dogbert: "Your lawyer did a bad job on the contract."
> >Doqbot:  {batlh malja' mab qI'pu' chut Duyra'.}
>
> "your legal agent signed the business treaty honorably"
>
> I would understand this as meaning that he signed the contract in good
> faith, perhaps implying that he was tricked by the other party.

This is the funny part in the comic.  Dogbert is the *wealthy
investor* the boss mentioned, so when signing contract he is the other
party, or even an opponent, to the company.  Most likely the lawyer
has done a good job for the company, defended their interests, thereby
making a bad relationship with Dogbert.  That's why Dogbert wants to
hurt him --- because he has done his job honorably.

po'mIn

Back to archive top level