tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 14 15:50:24 2007

Re: syllables

On Sep 11, 2007, at 10:19 PM, naHQun wrote:

> So if I'm not mistakin, Klingon syllables are CVC or CV, period.

There are also CVw' and CVy' and CVrgh.

> There are no VC syllables (besides -oy).

The way I pronounce words, that is correct.  Maybe I'm not saying
things like {veragh} properly, though.

> ...is it actually stated somewhere that it has to go CVC, or do we
> just assume this?

We don't "just assume" the syllable structure.  We observe it, and we
try to derive simple rules to describe it.  Even so, there are ad hoc
additions that aren't part of an obvious larger pattern.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level