tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 23 06:22:51 2007

Re: Klingon words from _Diplomatic Implausibility_ (DI)

naHQun ([email protected])

On 10/15/07, naHQun <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 10/15/07, Robyn Stewart <[email protected]> wrote:
> > At 11:53 AM 10/15/2007, lab naHqun:
> > >I did come across the following love poem on page 142:
> >

> > Okay, I'm trying to make head or tail (sorry) of this. I'm missing a
> > word and confused by the reference to a two year old. Precocious
> > child, it seems. Not much of a love poem, either. More like a cry for
> > internet pharmaceuticals.
> >

> The poem was written by a two-year-old Klingon boy who can't spell.
> I don't think it's suposed to make too much sense.
>
> Defenitly not a place to look for examples of canon.
>
> It's intentionally bad Klingon, like Uhura on ST VI.

I just found the following in the back of the book:

"The love poem Leskit gives Kurak in Chapter 6 is subliterate, and
cannot possibly be translated into English."

~naHQun

http://www.myspace.com/naHQun
http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/purpleelaphants/

Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any
taste in the white of an egg?
Job 6:6

Back to archive top level