tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 15 09:43:15 2007

Re: Klingon words from _Diplomatic Implausibility_ (DI)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> >> These bland descriptive names may be explained in the novel.  Has anyone
> >> read it?  (I haven't.)

naHQun:
>As it turns out, I hadn't read it. But I just finished it last night.
>
>And no, HuDyuQ is not explained in the book. They don't even mention
>the mountains. taD is where most of the novel takes place (either on
>the planet, or orbeting it) and it's a cold, frozen planet mostly
>inhospitable to Klingons.

I was hoping that these would turn out to be short forms or nicknames.

>At the end of the novel, under "Acknowledgments" it says:
>
>Helpful people include Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen and his cronies at the
>Klingon Language Institute and the aformentioned Marc Okrand, who kept
>my linguistics straight and vetted the glossary

Great.  Now we've verified Okrand's role.

>That's all I felt was worth pointing out, unless someone else had a
>question before the book goes back to the library.

Thanks for checking these out.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons