tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 28 16:02:19 2007

Re: Now and then?

> "Voyages: now and then".

It would be nice to have more information about just what this sign
was referring to.  My first thought -- and still my most strong one
-- is that "now and then" is an idiomatic way to say "occasionally".

If you want to translate it as referring to two different times, I
can accept that interpretation, but I still find it very strange that
nobody has a problem assuming "then" means "in the past".  Wouldn't
it have said "then and now" if that were the case?  To avoid the
potential trap of making the wrong choice about something that isn't
explicit, how about {DaHjaj latlh je lengmey}?

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level