tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 12 07:51:02 2007

Re: chu''a' cha' mu', wej mu' ghap?

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

--- Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' Doq:
>
> > There are some words I have not seen before. Where
> did the following
> > words  come from?

> > jIn
>
> I don't recognize this one.  Might it be a typo for
> {jIm}
> "heave" (HolQeD 11:2, page 9)?

A typo?! And I suppose "brew" is a typo for "heave"?

> > Qompu'
>
> Never heard of it, unless it's just {Qom} + {-pu'}.
>
> > Sutovoqor
>
> I suspect this is merely an "assumed spelling", not
> an official one.
> It's {Suto'vo'qor} in _Diplomatic Implausibility_.

I admit I'm not too good at retaining the sources of
the new words, but I promise you I have _never_
included in Kliflash a word I just cobbled together or
assumed the spelling of.  Maybe Voragh will come to my
rescue.

As for Kliflash and it's database, it uses a
proprietary encoding scheme (my way of trying to avoid
copyright troubles).  It can only be opened and used
by a working copy of Kliflash or the database
management tool, Klimaint.

The latest version of Kliflash was written under
Windows, and I don't know if there's any way to get it
to run on a Mac.  You could use the earlier DOS-based
Kliflash in a DOS emulator, maybe.  The database is
the same, just the user interface is different.

(Qov, qatlho'!)

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level