tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 30 09:24:22 2007

Re: Klingon WOTD: chal (noun)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> >Klingon word:   chal
> >Part of Speech: noun
> >Definition:     sky

Voragh:
> >In the TV episodes the Klingon sky as seen from orbit is usually a
> >swamp-green color.

QeS:
>Although the translation is uncertain, also in Ann Crispin's novel
>"Sarek", in which the character Karg refers to " flowers" (p. 58).

Here's the relevant quote:

   "When you are my wife, your beauty will blossom like {chal}
    flowers in spring." (SAREK, p.58)

>One presumes the word {chal} "sky" here could be a descriptor, perhaps of
>colour as may be seen in the English "buttercup".

Not a flower, but the description "sky blue" comes to mind as well.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level