tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 29 07:11:49 2007

Dilbert Comic in Klingon for January 26, 2007

pm5 ([email protected])

Greetings Warriors:

Here is my translation for dialogues in [Dilbert Comic for January 26,
2007][1].  Corrections and advises are welcome.

        pIn: {DaH qep DaghoSlaH'a'?} (1)
       Boss: "Can you come to a meeting right now?"

     DIlbot: {ghobe'.  tlhoS SopmeH poH 'oH.} (2)
    Dilbert: "No, it's almost lunch time."

     DIlbot: {megh vIqIpbe'chugh, DaHjaj wa'maH cha' repvaD jIbechtaH.
              vaj HeghwI' vIghal.} (3)
    Dilbert: "If I miss lunch, my day will be 12 hours of
              uninterrupted misery.  I will envy the dead."

        pIn: {bIQIp.  megh Sopbe' neH Heghpu'DI'.} (4)
       Boss: "That's stupid.  The dead don't eat lunch
              either."

 [1]:http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070126.html

I tried to rephrase the second half of sentence (3) into "I'll suffer
for 12 hours today," but I'm sure there are some mistakes.  OTOH I
used {SopmeH poH} "time to eat" which resembles {vutmeH 'un} "pot for
cooking".  Is this kind of construction extendable to nouns so one can
say {meghvaD poH} "time for lunch"?

pm5

Back to archive top level