tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 29 11:21:49 2007

Re: Klingon WOTD: QI' (noun)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Monday, January 29, 2007.
>
>Klingon word:   QI'
>Part of Speech: noun
>Definition:     military
>
>Additional Notes:
>KGT p. 51: The entirety of a government's military apparatus is its {QI'},
>usually translated simply as "military."  The word is rather general in
>that it may apply to a nongovernmental military organization as well, such
>as that of a group of rebels.

"When asked to speak Klingon, [Okrand] often says, {QI' peghmey vI'angQo'}
which means 'I refuse to reveal military secrets'." (Qov, HQ 13.3:14)

Cf. also {QI'lop}, the holiday honoring the Klingon military (PK).

The place name {QI'tomer} Khitomer may be related.  (E.g. a military outpost.)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level