tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 17 10:11:39 2007

Re: mung Hol

On Jan 16, 2007, at 1:53 PM, Lieven Litaer wrote:

> I need to tell some background information in english probably...
>
> You all now wikipedia... users can indicate their language level,
> for instance english
> 0 "This user speaks no english"
> 1 "This user speaks a little english"
> 2 "This user speaks advanced english"
> 3 "This user is a native english speaker"

The first three fit the idea of language level, but the last does
not.  Being a native speaker *implies* total command of a language,
but it doesn't guarantee it.  I would change the wording to match the
others:

3 "This user speaks perfect english"

Now they can all be translated with similar phrases.  Perhaps they
can even be translated with the exact same word, but with different
suffixes:

jatlhbe' / jatlhlaw' / jatlhbej / jatlhchu'

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level