tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 17 08:39:20 2007

Re: mung Hol

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

*Quvar-looking-weird-tearing-his-hair* wrote:

>Now I think that {Sung Hol} is even better than {Hol wa'DIch}.  I would
>define it as the language that is spoken at the country of your origin
>(even if you do not speak it all!)  But then do we not come back to {mung Hol}?

{Sung Hol} "native('s) language"
{mung Hol} "origin language"

This may be because of my English, but to me an "origin language" sounds
etymological.  E.g. Latin being the origin or predecessor of the Romance
languages (Italian, Spanish, Romanian, etc.), Indo-European being the
predecessor of Latin; Northwest Semitic being the predecessor of Canaanite,
Ugaritic, Hebrew, etc.; and so on.  (*Ursprache* in German?)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level