tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 16 10:54:22 2007

Re: RE: mung Hol

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

I need to tell some background information in english probably...

You all now wikipedia... users can indicate their language level, for instance english
0 "This user speaks no english"
1 "This user speaks a little english"
2 "This user speaks advanced english"
3 "This user is a native english speaker"

So far this is no problem to translate this to klingon, although nobody is a native klingon here, but who cares.
But in wikipedia, you can click on the word "english" to see an explanation what "english" is. You can also click on "native" to see what a "native language" is.

Now how you render *THAT* to klingon?
That's my question.
(I still prefer the Hol wa'DIch, as long as we have nothing else.)

> Laos-Daq bogh jup.  HolDaj wa'DIch 'oH Laos Hol'e', 'ej Laos Sung ghaH.
> 'ach QuptaHvIS mej.  DaHjaj DIvI' Hol laHDaj nIv law' Laos Hol laHDaj nIv
> puS.

jIyajqu', Hol wa'DIch 'oH dutch'e', 'ach Germany vIDabmo' nIv Germany Hol laHwIj.

'ach SaHbe' laHDaj. mungDaj Hol vIper vIneH.
Qatlhqu' ghu'vam.

Quvar.