tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 21 04:51:49 2007

Re: Klingon WOTD: DuDwI' (noun)

Doq ([email protected])

Likely, it has something to do with using the third toe, since {roS}
means both "use the third toe" and "lick", and if you do it badly, you
get paralyzed.

I wonder if Klingons would consider it an insult to be called a "third
toe licker". Sounds kinky enough, anyway.

Doq

On Dec 20, 2007, at 12:19 PM, Steven Boozer wrote:

>> This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Thursday, December 20, 2007.
>>
>> Klingon word:   DuDwI'
>> Part of Speech: noun
>> Definition:     stirring stick
>>
>> Additional Notes:
>> KGT p. 97.  The stick used for stirring in a {'un} ("pot") is usually
>> called a {DuDwI'} ("mixer"), though sometimes the term {'un naQ}
>> ("pot
>> cane") is heard.  If the end of the {DuDwI'} is flattened out,
>> paddlelike,
>> the device may also be called a {ngawDeq}.  A scooping implement,
>> much
>> like a garden trowel, used to remove food from a pot, is a {bo'Dagh}.
>>
>> Synonyms: 'un naQ
>
> Additional additional notes:
>
> HQ 10.2:11.  There is a joke, Maltz recalled, about someone trying
> to lick
> some food off of a stirring stick while wearing shoes.  Maltz
> laughed, but
> didn't tell the joke.
>

> Any ideas what Maltz found so amusing?
>

> --