tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 20 09:21:37 2007

Back to archive top level

To this year's listing

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: Klingon WOTD: DuDwI' (noun)

Steven Boozer (

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Thursday, December 20, 2007.
>Klingon word:   DuDwI'
>Part of Speech: noun
>Definition:     stirring stick
>Additional Notes:
>KGT p. 97.  The stick used for stirring in a {'un} ("pot") is usually 
>called a {DuDwI'} ("mixer"), though sometimes the term {'un naQ} ("pot 
>cane") is heard.  If the end of the {DuDwI'} is flattened out, paddlelike, 
>the device may also be called a {ngawDeq}.  A scooping implement, much 
>like a garden trowel, used to remove food from a pot, is a {bo'Dagh}.
>Synonyms: 'un naQ

Additional additional notes:

HQ 10.2:11.  There is a joke, Maltz recalled, about someone trying to lick 
some food off of a stirring stick while wearing shoes.  Maltz laughed, but 
didn't tell the joke.

Any ideas what Maltz found so amusing?

Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level