tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 20 03:06:17 2007

Back to archive top level

To this year's listing

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Klingon WOTD: DuDwI' (noun)

speersd (

This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Thursday, December 20, 2007.

Category: Food

Klingon word:   DuDwI'
Part of Speech: noun 
Definition:     stirring stick 
Source: KGT (214 KE, 250 EK, 259 EK) 
Swedish: blandningskäpp, omrörningspinne, käpp/pinne för omrörning

Additional Notes:
KGT p. 97.  The stick used for stirring in a {'un} ("pot") is usually called a {DuDwI'} ("mixer"), though sometimes the term {'un naQ} ("pot cane") is heard.  If the end of the {DuDwI'} is flattened out, paddlelike, the device may also be called a {ngawDeq}.  A scooping implement, much like a garden trowel, used to remove food from a pot, is a {bo'Dagh}.
Synonyms: 'un naQ  

The Klingon Word Of The Day is brought to you by Holtej (  Please contact me with additions, corrections or comments.

--Holtej 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ

Back to archive top level