tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 09 07:28:50 2007

A Klingon Christmas Carol - the performance

Joel Anderson ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

(I'm reposting - I put this up last night, but it didn't reach the list)

I've just returned from seeing Commedia Beauregard's production of their
Dicken's Christmas Carol, recast as the story of SQuja' - who is helped
by Kahless Past, Kahless Present and Kahless Yet-to-Come  to become a
true warrior.

They really did an artful job of retelling the story of Scrooge in a
Klingon setting and did a remarkable job with actors who  were very
authoritative in their use of tlhIngan Hol (all Klingon characters only
spoke Klingon).  They really acted as tlhInganpu' and made you believe
they understood the dialog.  The supertitling was on a screen (nicely
styled in LCARS format) and the Vulcan narrator who spoke Federation
Standard ensured that the audience kept up.

The translators made good use of the existing canon - I noted a lot of
good use of proverbs and aphorisms from the Klingon Way.  I liked how
the Sguja' boy/young man/and adult actors all had similar hair and
identical forehead ridges.  Another nice  touch was the fact that
Kahless Past was a TOS-style Klingon.

Really, the only disapointment was the fact that it was limited to this
one performance.

(Note: I did provide a handout promoting the KLI, using information from
KLI.org to assist anyone interested in learning more of and about
tlhIngan Hol and the activitys of the KLI).

--
"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors,
and also to love our enemies; probably

Sign up for FREE email from MrKlingon.org at http://www.MrKlingon.org
    qatlh tlhIngan Hol Dajatlhbe'? * Why NOT say it in Klingon?

Back to archive top level