tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 01 17:41:45 2007

Re: Chuck

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 05:27 PM 12/1/2007, you wrote:
>On Dec 1, 2007 8:08 PM, David Kummer <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Really? Which part? I'm just a lurker still slogging through TKD, but I
> > watch Chuck so I'm surprised I missed it...
> >
>I just finished watching episode 110, there's about 4 lines of
>tlhIngan Hol in the entire episode.
>In the "teaser" (before the opening "song"), we have the line
><tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?> and I couldn't understand the reply. And
>then almost the end of the episode (minute 37 if you don't care about
>the plot) we have a question which I couldn't make out, but apparently
>means something along the lines of "Are you wearing a bullet-proof
>vest", and then he said <ghobe'?> <HIja'?> and the answer of <HIja'>
>was given.
>

>quite disapointing, but I'd like to hear if anyone else could
>understand what they were trying to say.

It's really hard. All the hard consonants get skipped and many vowels
mispronounced. I can't do it at all, even though I don't usually have
too much trouble with accents in English. If anyone can get it, I
would suggest ghunchu'wI'.  He is really good at interpreting Klinglish.

If you taped it try turning on the closed captions. Sometimes itjust
says "speaking Klingon" but sometimes they have the actual script.

>~naHQun
>--
>http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=508314975
>http://www.myspace.com/naHQun
>http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/purpleelaphants/
>
>Modern playwrights have become obsessed with writing human
>interpretations of alien theatrical works while ignoring completely
>our own unique cultural heritage.~Bashir; "The Die is Cast" (DS9)

Back to archive top level