tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 01 17:29:27 2007

Re: Chuck

naHQun ([email protected])

On Dec 1, 2007 8:08 PM, David Kummer <[email protected]> wrote:
> Really? Which part? I'm just a lurker still slogging through TKD, but I
> watch Chuck so I'm surprised I missed it...

I just finished watching episode 110, there's about 4 lines of
tlhIngan Hol in the entire episode.
In the "teaser" (before the opening "song"), we have the line
<tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?> and I couldn't understand the reply. And
then almost the end of the episode (minute 37 if you don't care about
the plot) we have a question which I couldn't make out, but apparently
means something along the lines of "Are you wearing a bullet-proof
vest", and then he said <ghobe'?> <HIja'?> and the answer of <HIja'>
was given.

quite disapointing, but I'd like to hear if anyone else could
understand what they were trying to say.

~naHQun
http://www.myspace.com/naHQun
http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/purpleelaphants/

Modern playwrights have become obsessed with writing human
interpretations of alien theatrical works while ignoring completely
our own unique cultural heritage.~Bashir; "The Die is Cast" (DS9)

Back to archive top level