tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 20 09:04:10 2007

Re: Hov leng: tlhInganpu' paqHom

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> >http://www.idwpublishing.com/titles/startrek-klingons.shtml
> >
> > Star Trek: Klingons: Blood Will Tell­Klingon-Language Variant #1
> >
> > How do you say "swift and blinding violence" in Klingon, we asked?
> > Here's your answer! This special variant edition of the debut issue
> > of "Klingons: Blood Will Tell" presents every word balloon and caption
> > translated into Klingon, courtesy of the Klingon Language Institute
> > and the linguist responsible for developing the Klingon language,
> > Marc Okrand! Here's your chance to get the Klingons' side of the
> > story in their own dialect!

Voragh:
> > Did Okrand actually participate in this project, either translating
> > the text himself of just vetting the KLI's translation? If so, then
> > we have a  productive source of canon which I'll have to get.
> > Anyone know any more about this?

Qov:
>I would guess that crediting Marc is just a way
>of saying "it's a real language!"

That's what I was afraid of: "courtesy of the linguist responsible..."

ter'eS:
>Some of our own KLI members did the translation. I'll
>check the names when I get home.  Not Okrand, though,
>I'm pretty sure. Nor did I see any actual new canon; a
>few surprising usages, as I recall, but nothing
>totally new.

Had Okrand been involved, I'm sure there would have been a lot more chatter
about this on this list.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons