tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 20 07:25:38 2007

Re: Hov leng: tlhInganpu' paqHom

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

naHQun wrote:

>chu' paqHom vIje'.
>Hov leng: tlhInganpu'
>*TOS* tlhInganpu' bop.
>tlhIngan Hol lo' 'ay'Hom wa'.
>DI'vI' Hol lo' latlh 'ay'Hom.
>vIlaD.
>vItIvqu'.
>vIlaDqa' vIneH.
>http://www.idwpublishing.com/titles/startrek-klingons.shtml

   Star Trek: Klingons: Blood Will Tell­Klingon-Language Variant #1
   [FEB073522] $4.99

   How do you say "swift and blinding violence" in Klingon, we asked?
   Here's your answer! This special variant edition of the debut issue
   of "Klingons: Blood Will Tell" presents every word balloon and caption
   translated into Klingon, courtesy of the Klingon Language Institute
   and the linguist responsible for developing the Klingon language,
   Marc Okrand! Here's your chance to get the Klingons' side of the
   story in their own dialect!

Did Okrand actually participate in this project, either translating the
text himself of just vetting the KLI's translation?  If so, then we have a
productive source of canon which I'll have to get.

Anyone know any more about this?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons