tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 02 17:06:29 2007

Re: Number of Klingon speakers?

The list so far, adding three names of people I have spoken with:

Qov
Qanqor
'ISqu'
ghunchu'wI'
pagh
taD
Holtej
DloraH
nIchyon
Seqram
SuStel
charghwI'
Quvar
qoror
DaQtIq (provisionally)
taj'IH (a very slight stretch)

(I have replaced Lieven's name with his Klingon alias.)

qoror was an impressively skilled young lad from Texas who used his
mother's email account, a fact which thoroughly confused both me and
her when I decided to contact him by telephone one day.

I can't really be sure of DaQtIq's fluency, as I wasn't all that
fluent myself when we spoke face to face.  He was certainly quick and
skilled at online chat, however.

taj'IH and I had brief moments of mutually understood conversation
while wandering Brussels.  Her command of the grammar was very good,
and she both pronounced and understood the words wonderfully.  Her
vocabulary wasn't quite enough to keep it going for long without
having to pause for dictionary lookups, though.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level