tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 14 23:44:46 2006

Re: KLBC: question about position of suffixes

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

>   tlhIngan may'Duj 'oH qengwI'wIj cha'DIch'e'
>
>   Does this all make sense or are there better alternatives?

Yes, but yes:

The word for other is {latlh}
And a commun word for car or vehicle is usually {Duj}, which means ship.

So a shorter and therefore better alternative is

    {tlhIngan may'Duj 'oH latlh DujwIj'e'}
    "my other ship is a klingon battle ship"

Also think of

    {toQDuj 'oH latlh DujwIj'e'}
    "my other ship is bird of prey"

Klingon is always best when short :-)