tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 24 08:54:35 2006

Re: ST6 transcription problems

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
>I transcribed it myself several years ago.  Here's the scene from my
>notes.  [The translations in parentheses are the (subtitles) as they appear
>in the movie followed by the [closed captions] in brackets, which was
>helpful in places where there were no subtitles. Angle brackets indicate
><uncertainties> in the transcription due to muttered dialogue, background
>music or sound effects. I've added excerpts in {curly brackets} from J.M.
>Dillard's novelization which may reflect an earlier version of Nicholas
>Meyer & Denny Martin Flinn's screenplay.]
>

>       General Chang learns of Kirk's escape from Rura Penthe:
>
>Warden:  ... Qollu'ta'                                         (?)
>           (They were beamed aboard a Federation Starship.)
>           ["They were beamed away."]
>
>Warden:  qaghochnISlaH                                         (?)
>           (I could trace...)
>           [I could trace for you...]
>   (or)   qaghochbe'laH                          (alternate version)
>           [I can't trace [them] for you...]
>
>What did you get for the Warden's lines?  I had trouble understanding him.

Since QeS has just listened to ST6 again, this is an opportunity to work
out a few more fragments from Grokh and Koord that I couldn't quite make out:

    The attack on Kronos One (much untranslated shouting):

Korrd:   <numagh>
           [They've betrayed us.]                         (untranslated)
           {We're hit!"}

Korrd:   <Qu'vatlh>
           [$%##@!]                                       (untranslated)

Korrd:   <... yItu'>
           [Find ...!]                                    (untranslated)

Korrd:   tlham chu'Ha'lu'                                           (?)
          (We've lost gravity!)
          {"Gravity generator!" someone called behind him.}
          [some heard: tlham <chIl>lu'.

Korrd:   <nughoSbej>
           (We've been betrayed!)
           [lit. They're approaching us!     (for numaghbej ?)]

Korrd:   yIwoH                          [lifting Gorkon onto table]
           [Pick him up!]                             (untranslated)

Korrd:   yI<Hot>be'                                            (??)
           [Don't touch him!]                         (untranslated)

     War council on Kronos One after Gorkon's assassination:

Kerla:   DIHIvlaHtaHvIS DaH DIHIvnIS!
           (Attack them now, while we still can!)

Khmarr:  DIHIvbe'ch[ugh] qo'chajDaq toy'wI''a' DImoj.             (?)
           (Attack or be slaves in their world.)

Grokh:   Qo'!  pe'vIl DIHIvlaH, <kapla> tlhob <be---HaH >        (??)
           (We can take whole by force, what they propose to divide.)

Azetbur: ghu'maj Dayajbe'law', Sa'.
           (untranslated)
           {"You don't seem to grasp our situation, General.}
Azetbur: notlh veS... 'a tugh manotlhchoH je maH.
           (War is obsolete, General...as we are in danger of becoming.)
           {War is...obsolete. As we are in danger of becoming.}

Could you make anything of Grokh's line after {pe'vIl DIHIvlaH...} here?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level