tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 03 07:29:53 2006

Re: KLBC

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

QeS:

Voragh:
> > I found two, though one is poetry/song:
> >
> >    batlh maHeghbej 'ej yo' qIjDaq vavpu'ma' DImuv.
> >    pa' reH maSuvtaHqu'
> >    Then we die with honor and join our fathers in the Black Fleet
> >    where we battle forever. (Anthem)

ghunchu'wI':
>How are the adverbs modifying each other here?  Each is in its own
>sentence and has no apparent connection to the other.

I was looking at {pa' reH ...} but now realize that {pa'} is not an
adverbial in Klingon, but a noun used as a place-stamp.  Just call me
anglocentric!

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons