tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 02 16:44:59 2006

RE: Stovokor

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

DloraH <[email protected]> wrote:  > > ghe'torDaq jIHchugh, DaquvHa'lu'ta'.
> "If you're in grethor, one has dishonored you."

Then instead of /jIH/ you need /SoH/.
ghe'torDaq SoHchugh ...

/DaquvHa'lu'ta'/, there is a subject and an object, so you need the -moH
suffix.
DaquvHa'moHlu'ta' - One has caused you to be dishonored.

'ach DaH pab buSHa', jIghelnIS, vay' quvHa'moHlaH'a' latlh vay'? pagh,
quvHa'moH'a' ta'Daj?
SoHvaD DubDaj 'anglaH vay' 'ej bIquvHa' 'e' maqlaH; 'ach ghe'tor'e',
DughoSmoH ta'lIj.
jISIv... chaq ta' 'oSlaH /-lu'/. /nIquvHa'moHta' ta'lIj/ <=
/DaquvHa'moHlu'ta'/.

But then, grammar aside for a minute, I have to ask, can one -cause-
somebody to be dishonored, or is it a result of that somebody's own actions?
Sure somebody can turn their back to you and officially pronounce you
"dishonored", but for you to go to ghe'tor would be a result of your own
action/inaction.
I wonder... perhaps /-lu'/ can represent the deeds. "your actions have
caused you to be dishonored" <= "(an unspecified subject) has caused you to
be dishonored".

DloraH

Can one dishonor some one else on earth. I beleive the Klingon system of honor is much like our own only stricter.