tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 02 17:13:10 2006

Re: Stovokor

ja' Shane MiQogh:

>> ghe'torDaq jIHchugh, DaquvHa'lu'ta'.
> "If you're in grethor, one has dishonored you."

toH!  muj DIp qa'meH Dalo'ta'bogh.  <jIH> DawIvta', 'ach qechlIj
DamuchmeH 'utlaw' <SoH>.  'ej chaq pab pIm poQ qechlIj, jIH'e'
choqelbe'law'mo'.

I understand now.  My previous confusion stems from two sources.
First, you used {jIH} when you meant {SoH}.  Second, you probably
don't really want to use {SoH} anyway, unless you literally mean the
person you are talking to.  Klingon uses the indefinite subject to
carry the idea often expressed with an impersonal/general "you" in
English.

(Oh, and one other nagging irritation -- you should learn to trim
your quoted text.  Your brief responses are nearly lost at the end of
the copy of what you're responding to, and it's sometimes difficult
to tell what part of the previous post you're addressing.)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level