tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 23 04:46:45 2006

Re: Just a few ideas (maybe some (or all) are repeats...)

ja' Shane MiQogh:

> Anyway, i'd like to get this out. I know the mu' HaqwI' can't
> replace TKD completely, but i'm sure we can agree that even though
> it can't, it would make looking up words, easier.

tlhIngan mu'tay DaghojtaHvIS, ngeD Qu' DaneHbe'.  reH DuQutlhchugh
mughmeH De'wI', not nIteb QammeH mIw DaghojlaH.  mu' HaqwI'
vIlo'taHvIS, mev SerwIj.  mu' HaqwI' vIwoDDI', jItlhetlhqa'.

When you're trying to learn Klingon, such ease becomes a
counterproductive crutch.  I used mu' HaqwI' for a while many years
ago, and I found that I *completely* stopped gaining vocabulary until
I had deleted it from my computer.

> ...I know the more work you go through to get a solution makes you
> remember it better, but flipping through pages isn't going to make
> that much of a difference, and would be rather time consuming.

poH natlhmo' pImbej 'ej potlhbej.

It *does* make a difference, and being time-consuming is why.

>   Also, i don't know if it's out there, or even if it's in TKD, but
> it would be nice to get a proper noun letter conversion thinger...
> I've bene pretty much guessing my way through this on my own for
> names in the past, but, i'd like to get something official out in
> the open. So if anyone has anything, it would be nice to make a
> public post.

pongmey vIyaj.  "letter conversion thinger" vIyajbe'chu'.

I know what proper nouns are.  I have no idea what you mean by
"letter conversion thinger".

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level