tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 22 17:28:49 2006

Just a few ideas (maybe some (or all) are repeats...)

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Anyway, i'd like to get this out. I know the mu' HaqwI' can't replace TKD completely, but i'm sure we can agree that even though it can't, it would make looking up words, easier. It uses a TXT file for it's word list so it can be edited, so, if the fact it is an automated dictionary, i'd like to make sure it isn't a violation of some law before i start working on adding the words from the KLI (that aren't already in it) site to the txt file and hopefully make things a little easier. Rather than flipping through a book or going to a site to look up each word (for us beginners out there) we could use the program in turn. I know the more work you go through to get a solution makes you remember it better, but flipping through pages isn't going to make that much of a difference, and would be rather time consuming.

  Also, i don't know if it's out there, or even if it's in TKD, but it would be nice to get a proper noun letter conversion thinger. I don't mean like making a conversion table for words in klingon to english (cause i know it's a language, not a code), but i'd like to get something for proper nouns. We might have to go to Okrand to get such a thing, but there must be a standard for proper nouns (for those of you who don't know what i'm talking about, i mean names of places, people, and specific things) not only from english (or other language) to klingon, but Klingon to english. I've bene pretty much guessing my way through this on my own for names in the past, but, i'd like to get something official out in the open. So if anyone has anything, it would be nice to make a public post.

  (One thing i don't like about the use of email over forums, is that we can't "sticky" anything for newcommers to see, cause i'm sure any future members may not see this, or any replies to it. I think if anyone wanted forums instead of this, there would have been a change by now, so i personally think if anyone has admin rights to kli.org, that if there isn't any restrictions, they make a public page of "important emails" or a FAQ page that includes information in the emails.. I havn't seen anything like this on the KLI but maybe there is some of that already, but i havn't seen it.)

Yahoo! Photos