tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 29 05:31:34 2006

Re: {Qong} and other unattested nouns

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>Maybe not that there's more of an action, but that sleep as a noun
>references
>action anyway.

That sounds reasonable; however, there's a noun form {yIn} which references
an action that is similar to sleep in the agency of the subject. The problem
is that we don't know what a noun {Qong} might mean. It might mean "a period
of time during which you sleep" - as in the English "I'm going in for a
short sleep".

>Or "having sleep" is incorrect for it's slept, because it's a past tense
>verb.

I'm not quite sure what you're arguing here. Can you clarify?

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

New year, new job ? there's more than 100,00 jobs at SEEK
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=752315885&_r=Jan05_tagline&_m=EXT

Back to archive top level