tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 29 08:30:22 2006

Re: {Qong} and other unattested nouns

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

>I'm not quite sure what you're arguing here. Can you clarify?

  What i'm saying is, when we use it as a noun, it's usually in the past tense, "have slept" or "i need to have sleep" which sleep in this cause should have been used as a past tense verb. Technically then, sleep is a verb and only a verb in english.

  >That sounds reasonable; however, there's a noun form {yIn} which references
>an action that is similar to sleep in the agency of the subject. The problem
>is that we don't know what a noun {Qong} might mean. It might mean "a period
>of time during which you sleep" - as in the English "I'm going in for a
>short sleep".
  To live is the action of continueing through life. Since we have taH we don't even need the verb form but it's in there for conveniance.  The noun life references to how one continues rather than if they continue or not, but specifically how well one continues. It also references one's fortune like "life is cruel".