tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 29 01:10:17 2006

Re: {Qong} and other unattested nouns

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

QeS 'utlh <[email protected]> wrote:  ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>Sleep, may not even need a noun form...

I thought the same thing about {naj}: the reason why we have no noun form
for it might be that Klingons see it more as an action than an event.

(Of course, that's not to say that there isn't a noun form - just that we
don't know one yet.)

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
- Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Read, write and reply to Hotmail on your mobile. Find out more.
http://mobilecentral.ninemsn.com.au/mcmobileHotmail/home.aspx

Maybe not that there's more of an action, but that sleep as a noun references action anyway. Even the noun form defines the action of sleeping. Or "having sleep" is incorrect for it's slept, because it's a past tense verb.

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do.  Get it on your phone.

Back to archive top level