tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 14 11:31:03 2006

Re: mangpu' or negh?

In a message dated 4/14/2006 1:22:50 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> >Remember that {-chugh} and {-'a'}, both being type 9, can't go on the same
> >word.
>   I thought this to be true, but when thinking and looking back, i find that
> TKD dosn't state anywhere where you can't use the same numbered suffix twice.

See TKD 4.2.10. Relative ordering of the suffixes

"As with nouns, when more than one suffix is used with a verb,
they must occur in the correct order, according to their type.
No more than one suffix of each type may occur at a time."

Since their are canon examples of multiple rovers, rovers are not counted
among the numbered types.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level