tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 14 11:34:27 2006

Re: mangpu' or negh?

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Indeed, that's why i said proper place... But as i said propeller, i ment as "jet enguine" as well for the Klingon meaning of it.
[email protected] wrote:  In a message dated 4/14/2006 1:22:50 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> >Also remember that "propellor" doesn't
> >just refer to a fan-style plane prop, but to all devices that propel, by
> >whatever means.
>
> I figured that much, but any "propeller" placed properly on a boat and
> that has enough power, would fly.

I doubt it. The angles of the blades would have to be different for air vs.
water. I think you'd just get a vortex with insufficient motive force to
propel the boat through the air.

lay'tel SIvten