tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 02 23:25:12 2005

Re: Miranda Warning

QeS lagh ([email protected])

jIja':
>So would, say, {bItammeH DIb Daghaj} "you have the privilege of/for
>remaining silent" work?

jang Voragh:
>Sure.  I don't know whether translating the idiom works in Klingon, but the
>object of {ghaj} "have, possess" can certainly be something intangible or
>abstract:
>   pIch vIghajbe'
>   It's not my fault.  (TKD)

I was more concerned with whether the {-meH} clause would be proper Klingon:
is the privilege really "for the purpose of" being silent? I'd say yes, but
I have no real evidence, and others might not agree.

Savan,

QeS la'
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je