tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 03 02:55:40 2005

Re: Hi! I have a poster at my Klingon message board, who wants to know....

In a message dated 8/30/2005 9:16:57 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/AdmiralMudd/KCI/Banners/KlingonCeremonialBannersm.jpg
>
> >The picture's awfully small, but near as I can make out it reads:
> >
> > >    left side:   L   V  W
> > >    right side:  Gh  N  Y
> > >    bottom:      A   V  L
>
> DloraH
> >There are four symbols on the bottom.
> >If you use the mapping that most of us here tend to use, then it would be:
> ><avwl> or <avel>
>
> DloraH's right:  There are four letters squeezed together on the
> bottom.  Unfortunately, it's still gibberish.
>

> --
> Voragh

Another interpretation (but still gibberish) is obtained using the
equivalents of the fake "pIqaD" from the SkyBox cards.  Then the letters are:

left:  ce  hr  n
right:  is  pf  mw
bottom:  bj  hr  n  ce

Here 'ce' represents the symbol which can mean either 'c' or 'e', 'hr' means
either 'h' or 'r', etc.

Here are all of the possible interpretations for the left-hand word:
left: chn crn ehn ern
right: ipm ipw ifm ifw spm spw sfm sfw
bottom: bhnc bhne brnc brne jhnc jhne jrnc jrne

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level