tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 11 15:47:40 2005

RE: Subtle shadings of "then": Okrand's error ?

DloraH ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> vaj ...
> -chugh ...

I personally don't use /vaj/ and /-chugh/ together because to me a /vaj/ after /-chugh/ seems to be redundant.  To me, /-chugh/ has
it almost built into its meaning.

bIjeghbe'chugh bIHegh.  If you do not surrender you will die.
bIjeghbe', vaj bIHegh.  You did not surrender, thus you will die.

bIjeghbe'chugh, vaj bIHegh.  If you do not surrender, then/thus/so you will die.
Sure, it's allowed, but it sounds weird to me.

DloraH

Back to archive top level