tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 18 06:32:13 2005

Re: "wamwI' "

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' juDmoS:

>I still haven't heard from anyone...qetHa'   a comb of qet (run, jog) and
>-Ha' (undo) used if something is done wrongly...for someone/something to
>"misrun" as a description of "stumble"...that is to say, misstep while
>running without falling down. Does this work ?

I had no problem understanding it. {qetHa'} is OK here, and I'd say one of
the better options.

>Is there a better way to say it?

I can't think of many; lay'SIv's idea {tlhoS pum} "it almost falls" is
another option. But to be honest, I think you've already found the word that
expresses what you're looking for. {qetHa'} is fine IMO.

Savan,

QeS lagh
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' qan je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Are you right for each other? Find out with our Love Calculator:
http://fun.mobiledownloads.com.au/191191/index.wl?page=191191text

Back to archive top level