tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 18 07:38:33 2005

Re: "wamwI' "

bob mcfaddin ([email protected])

QeS lagh <[email protected]> wrote:
ghItlhpu' juDmoS:

>I still haven't heard from anyone...qetHa' a comb of qet (run, jog) and
>-Ha' (undo) used if something is done wrongly...for someone/something to
>"misrun" as a description of "stumble"...that is to say, misstep while
>running without falling down. Does this work ?

I had no problem understanding it. {qetHa'} is OK here, and I'd say one of
the better options.

>Is there a better way to say it?

I can't think of many; lay'SIv's idea {tlhoS pum} "it almost falls" is
another option. But to be honest, I think you've already found the word that
expresses what you're looking for. {qetHa'} is fine IMO.

Savan,

QeS lagh
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

Holvam vIyajbej 'e' jItaghqu'taH mughIj je.

jajvam lururbogh jajmey'e' lutu'lu' muja'ta' SoSoywI'