tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 18 04:23:59 2005

Re: "wamwI' "

In a message dated 2005-01-17 11:04:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> I still haven't heard from anyone...qetHa'   a comb of qet (run, jog) and
> -Ha' (undo) used if something is done wrongly...for someone/something to
> "misrun"
> as a description of "stumble"...that is to say, misstep while running
> without
> falling down. Does this work ? Is there a better way to say it?
>
> juDmoS

Anything and everything works, as long as it's grammatical, which this is,
and it's not obviously misunderstood.  {qetHa'} is almost certainly a novel
word, although with as many man-hours as Klingon has been spoken, and as limited
as my experience is, this is just a guess.  In other words, it works as long as
nobody complains.  Then you can either defend your way, or try to find a
different, "better" way.  When there's no canon to support your usage, just go
with it.

stevo

Back to archive top level