tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 04 06:58:40 2005

Re: Bye All

chepqu' ([email protected])

I expressed my reasons in a wrong way. I knew that the language reflected
the klingon ways, I just thought that by liking klingons, I'd manage to like
their language. As I studied it, I found myself questioning many times if
that was really a language and I found resistance in me whenever I
pronounced a sentence. I also knew the list is not for teaching, I have TKD
as well as other teaching materials; I knew the list is mostly for practice.
In putting this together, I thought on what uses would this language have
and aside from writing small chunks of text in Star Trek movies/books or
some klingon texts for fans, or talking with klingonists (almost zero chance
where I live in, I find no use for the language. The vocabulary is
too small and it does not contain many words we, humans, would use, which
is understandable as it is a fictional language, but it is also
discouraging. I will be unsubscribing by tomorrow.

Back to archive top level