tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 03 14:48:40 2005

Re: Bye All

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' chepqu':

>I have been a member of this list since 2/10/03. I regret to tell I have
>learnt just very few of the language, not enough to write an email, not
>even enough to translate a simple sentence. In recent days I have been
>reflecting on this and I have realized just that klingon is not for me.
>I like the klingons in the Star Trek shows and movies, but I find their
>language ugly and with few real uses. So I'm going to unsubscribe from
>the list. Bye everyone.

ghu'vetlhmo' jIQoS, chepqu'. 'ach yItlhoj: tetlhvamDaq tlhIngan Hol
wIghojmoHbe'; tetlhvamDaq tlhIngan Hol wIlo'. 'ej {Hov leng} Daleghta'chugh,
'IHqu' tlhIngan Hol 'e' DapIH'a'? <Quenya> Hol rur 'e' DapIH'a'?

Sorry to hear that, chepqu'. But please understand that the list is not
meant to be a substitute for TKD. We use Klingon here, but we don't
concentrate on teaching it. And if you've seen "Star Trek", did you *really*
expect Klingon to be a beautiful and flowing language (like, say, Quenya)?
:)

Qapla', 'ach Hoch Holmey Dalonbe' 'e' vItul. bIchepqu'jaj.

Savan,

QeS lagh
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' qan je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Are you right for each other? Find out with our Love Calculator:
http://fun.mobiledownloads.com.au/191191/index.wl?page=191191text

Back to archive top level