tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 20 05:00:30 2004

Re: how long is it?, etc.

In a message dated 2004-11-19 7:23:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> You may have
> >to use {ngu'} with a relative clause as we've seen in other questions of
> >this type:
> >    'uj 'ar 'abbogh yIngu'!
> >    Identify how many ujes it measures!

What other questions of this type have we seen?  This example looks like a
Question-As-Object, and is therefore controversial at best.
Although I don't have any canon examples similar to it, the sentence above
could (perhaps) be given better as
{'uj mI' 'abbogh yIngu'!} - Identify the number of uj it measures!

The word 'when' as a question is {ghorgh}; as a conjunction it's {-DI'}.  The
other question words may have similar corresponding terms that we don't know
yet.  Or not.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level