tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 15 13:28:04 2004

Re: "Enterprise" lines

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>ja' Voragh:
> >Because they were so well done, I looked for Okrand's name in the end
> >credits, but it wasn't listed.  I wonder who did translate these two
> >lines?  Did someone from Paramount contact the KLI for once?

ghunchu'wI':
>peghlaw' De'vetlh

Speaking of which... did that line from "Conversational Klingon" occur to
anyone else Friday during the last episode of the Soong trilogy (ENT "The
Augments")?

Archer bluffs his way through a restricted KLingon star system via
voice-only communication.  IIRC, when the Klingon commander in the
approaching ship asked him "Who is this?", Archer replied "That's classified!"

Perhaps a coincidence - it's a very Klingon response, after all - but
perhaps yet another nod to the Klingonist community by a writer who had
listened to CK recently:

   Daqvam nuq?
   What is this place?

   pegh De'vetlh.